Looking for some neat classroom resources to use with your students? Then be sure to check out ClassTools.net – a free flash based website that allows users to create their own quizzes, diagrams, activities and educational games that can be hosted on your own blog, website/wiki or intranet! No signup, no passwords, no charge! (Unless you are interested in purchasing a “Premium” membership which entitles you to the following additional benefits to the basic features: No Google ads on the resources you create, the ability to view your resources in full screen mode in order to make better use of your interactive whiteboard, and your own web area where you can edit and organize your favorite resources on ClassTools.net.)
Some of the most popular resources from the ClassTools.net toolbox include:
- Fakebook: Generate “fake” Facebook profiles for any person of study—presidents, authors, inventors, famous Americans, etc.
- QR Code Treasure Hunt Generator: Get students using their mobile devices to move and to learn!
- Venn Diagrams: Instant venn diagrams for interactive whiteboards
- Random Name/Word Picker: Simply input a class roster to randomly select students to answer questions and/or input a
list of vocabulary words to generate a review activity or quiz
- Countdown Timer: Use the timer to pace or structure your classroom activities
- Arcade Game Generator: Create your own flash games and quizzes
Games and puzzles are great review tools for students. Rather than relying on pre-made games from textbook publishers, take advantage of the flexibility of the ClassTools.net to create specific games specific to your curricular needs.