The Periodic Table of Video Game Characters

July4

Hey, science teachers! This one’s just for you! Check out the Periodic Table of Video Game Characters created by the folks at I Heart Chaos. Pretty self-explanatory! But just for the record—it’s a periodic table compiled from video game characters as well as a few comics and cartoons. Yeah, I know—kinda cool!

OK, I just have one question: Why didn’t some brilliant mind come up with an entertaining way to teach me about these elements?

Anyway… Check out the new and improved periodic table shown below! And don’t forget to use the Zoom.it tools to zero in on your favorite element/character!

Classroom Connection:

Forget the boring periodic table of elements! Use the Periodic Table of Video Game Characters to interest your students in the otherwise mundane activity of getting familiar with the elements. Afterall, learning should be fun—and relevant—right?

Use the Block Posters web tool to create your very own Periodic Table of Video Game Characters poster. Or head on over to the Redbubblemarketplace to purchase this one-of-a-kind teaching tool for your classroom.

A shout out to the Science Department at Guanajuato Prepa in Guanajuato, Mexico—as this is where I first learned about this “cool tool”!

by posted under Cool Tools | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“The Periodic Table of Video Game Characters”

1. July 10th, 2012 at 12:02 am       Dr. Eric Scerri Says:

The Periodic Table of the elements is perhaps the most central idea in all of chemistry if not all of science. Thank you for featuring it here.

For more resources on this topic including books, articles, links and videos, please see,

ericscerri.com/

2. July 10th, 2012 at 6:36 pm       edutech4teachers Says:

Hi Eric! Thanks for the feedback—and the link… Good stuff! Jamie

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Be sure to add this awesome tool to your tech-box!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Follow Us on Scoop.it!

Archives

Click on the badge to view the EdTech Magazine article.
Book Creator Ambassador badge

Subscribe By Email

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Skip to toolbar