Give Your Photos Some Love with PicMonkey

April11

Dreaming of winning the Powerball jackpot? Sorry—I can’t help you with that. Wishing you could spend some time on deserted tropical island? Nope—I can’t help you with that either. But if you’re looking for a free online photo editor, I can definitely make a cool recommendation!

Introducing PicMonkey, a pretty powerful yet user friendly photo editing service with lots of bells and whistles—filters, effects, frames, overlays, stickers, textures and more! Just upload or drag and drop a photo into the site and edit to your heart’s content! Users can also crop, change exposure, adjust colors and add text to their project. Another great feature is being able to watch live as your image is being transformed into a work of art right before your eyes!

Once your masterpiece is ready to go, PicMonkey allows you to share it with the world via email, Twitter, Facebook and/or Pinterest. Finshed products can also be downloaded to your computer. And as an added bonus—multiple images can even be arranged into a snazzy-looking collage using another one of the PicMonkey tools.

Oh, and did I mention that PicMonkey is super fast? Yep, it’s true. The process of uploading and editing images has never been quicker.

From an educational standpoint, PicMonkey is the perfect tool for use with students who do not have an email address as it does not require a registration in order to use all of the photo editing tools. However, if users want to give their images some additional love, they have the option of upgrading to a “Royale” account.

Here are a few PicMonkey samples created by students in my Multimedia class.

Perspective is Everything—By Wesley M.

Warped Tour ’12—By Alyssa L.

Classroom Connection:

If you want students to experiment with editing images for use in classroom projects— digital stories, presentations, reports, posters, advertisements, comic strips, wikis and/or blogs—then PicMonkey could be just the tool you need. As my students say, it’s “boss”. And of course, they are always right—right?

by posted under Cool Tools | No Comments »    
No Comments to

“Give Your Photos Some Love with PicMonkey”

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Give Your Photos Some Love with PicMonkey | 21s...

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

edutech4teachers

Find us on Facebook!

Follow edutech20 on Twitter!

Follow me on Scoop.it!

Be positive! Be inspired! Join the #edugood 365 Photo Project!

See a photo a day on jf20's ShutterCal

Check out how to get your classroom or school involved here!

Check us out on your favorite mobile device!

Find this blog in the education blogs directory

sitting on stool with computerThis blog, created and maintained by Jamie Forshey, geeky girl, instructional technology specialist and teacher at the Bellwood-Antis School District in Central PA, is dedicated to innovative teaching and learning through the use of technology and digital media that engages students in learning while providing them with a 21st Century educational experience.

The Geeky Girl’s Greatest Hit List Vol. I—February 2013

Check out the full screen version of this interactive image here!

The Geeky Girl’s PETE&C Picks Vol. I—February 2013

Favorite Cool Tools of 2012

Visit the Tech-knowledge-y Rocks Wikispace!

Interactive Learning Journeys live here!

Follow

Follow this blog