The Ultimate Photo Challenge

November17

mugshot_smiley_photo_background-other_largeIf you’re looking for a fun way to spark student creativity while encouraging them to take unique pictures, then consider developing your very own Ultimate Photo Challenge similar to the one I recently completed with my Multimedia I students.

It went down something like this: Students were challenged to complete various photo tasks using a mobile device or digital camera. For example…

• Objects arranged to look like a smiley face
  • A shadow/silhouette shot of one or more group members
  • A group selfie.  The more creative, the better!
  • A hand-made heart photo (because they just ♥ this class!)
  • Dress up an object and place it in a unique setting
  • A human pyramid
  • A sidewalk chalk drawing
  • Holy Batman! Got superhero t-shirts?
  • A photo bomb (Yeah, I know it’s not spontaneous, but it’s still funny!)

Once students staged the necessary photos for the project, they were required to compile a digital presentation capturing their most excellent pics utilizing a tool, app or program of their choice. Then they shared their best stuff with the rest of us—and the world via their wikispace.

This project—it was like a good ol’ fashioned scavenger hunt with a funky tech-based twist!

Check out the example I created using the Pic Collage app.

img_9056

Classroom Connection:

So, why did I create this project? Besides working with classmates on a super cool team building activity, I wanted students to use a variety of tech skills in an innovative way. Yep, this was me checking out the digital side of my multimedia peops, and it turned out to be a pretty awesome experience!

Use this project idea to spark an idea that will unleash the digital creativity within your students. Trust me, there’s nothing like seeing them work together to develop a finished product they are really proud of—especially one they really enjoyed completing.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Be sure to add this awesome tool to your tech-box!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Follow Us on Scoop.it!

Archives

Click on the badge to view the EdTech Magazine article.
Book Creator Ambassador badge

Subscribe By Email

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Skip to toolbar