Turn Up the Awesome with Kid President Videos

January22

kid-presidentSometimes we just need to forget the curriculum, the standards, the test prep and interject some fun, some inspiration, some motivation into our daily routines. Well, I can’t think of a better way to do so than via the super popular Kid President videos.

This YouTube sensation, the brainstorm of Brad Montague—one based on the belief that kids have voices that can change the world—features the uniquely humorous yet meaningful words of wisdom from ten year old Robby Novak. Ironically, Robby has Osteogenesis Imperfecta, a brittle bone condition which has resulted in him having over 70 breaks since birth. But despite life’s struggles, Robby not only keeps going—he dances as well because after all, “It’s everybody’s duty to give the world a reason to dance.”

Check out an example of a Kid President video shown below. This particular one—entitled “A Pep Talk from Kid President to You”—is one of my all-time favorites. The message not only encourages viewers to create something that will make the world awesome, but it also contains a special shout out to teachers and students. ♥

Classroom Connection:

OK, so like I said, the best way I personally believe the Kid President videos can be utilized is to break one out one of these gems when you feel the need to share some encouragement with your students—or colleagues for that matter. We recently began featuring a select video during our morning announcements program in the middle school, and our students love, love them.

Of course, if you want to go beyond just showing the video, follow-up with a class or small group discussion and/or a writing response to the particular message that was promoted. The Pinterest Board located here has some really neat ideas that could be modified to suit your needs.

You could even inspire your students to create their own motivational video as well. Now that would be awesome!

So, what are you waiting for? Get your learnin’ on and make some history. I’m out…

Happy 49th Anniversary to my really swell parents… Love you guys! ♥

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Be sure to add this awesome tool to your tech-box!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Follow Us on Scoop.it!

Archives

Click on the badge to view the EdTech Magazine article.
Book Creator Ambassador badge

Subscribe By Email

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Skip to toolbar