Technology Enhances Learning Infographic

April23

multimedia iconsSo, I was looking for some of the latest edtech statistics for a project I’m working on when I happened across this infographic published by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation using data collected from America’s Teachers on America’s Schools. Even though this info was compiled a few years ago, I would venture to guess that if a similar study was conducted today, the results would pretty much indicate the same: Technology is a useful tool—one that can be a benefit to the learning process.

According to the study, 93% of educators agreed that digital resources such as classroom technology and web-based programs help in their students’ academic achievement. 49% of them strongly agreed with this fact. Learn more about teachers’ responses by checking out the infographic shown below.

Technology-Enhances-Learning-Infographic

Click here for a full screen version of this visual.

Classroom Connection:

It’s no secret that today’s students are digital junkies who spend many hours a day using numerous technological devices. It’s their way of life, how they learn, communicate, collaborate. At the same time, it’s also pretty widely known that a plethora of digital resources are available for teachers to utilize in the classroom. However, despite these two circumstances, many schools are still forcing students to learn primarily through the use of traditional textbooks. Ugh!

I don’t know about you, but this information reinforces what I’ve thought for some time: The current educational system needs to do a better job of finding ways to bridge the gap between the old and the new in order to create learning experiences for students that are more relevant and real-world. Will you make a pledge to do so in your classroom?

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Be sure to add this awesome tool to your tech-box!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Follow Us on Scoop.it!

Archives

Click on the badge to view the EdTech Magazine article.
Book Creator Ambassador badge

Subscribe By Email

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Skip to toolbar