Fun with Halloween Magnetic Poetry

October28

ghost silhouetteIf you’re ready to combine a little bit of holiday fun with Google Drawings, then Shake Up Learning has created and shared a really cool must-try activity for you and your class: A Halloween-themed magnetic poetry template containing nearly 100 words.

The students start out with a creepy palette that looks something like this:

halloween magnetic poetry

And end up transforming it into something spook-tacular like this:

halloween magnetic poetry2

Just as an FYI: I encouraged my students to use as many nouns and adjectives as possible in a creative way.

I actually incorporated this activity into my fifth grade Computers class. Besides allowing them to have some Halloween fun with related words and images, it was a great opportunity for them to become more familiar with copying a template into their Google Drive account and utilizing Google Drawing.

Here they are getting all creepy with it!

Halloween collage

Classroom Connection:

The Halloween Magnetic Poetry template can be used in a variety of ways as either an independent or collaborative writing activity. Utilize the “magnets” included and/or add your own text boxes to extend the activity.

Click here to make your very own copy of the template.

A huge shout out to edtech guru Kasey Bell for sharing this super cool resource! Stay tuned for my very own twist on the magnetic poetry concept coming to a blog post near you…

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Be sure to add this awesome tool to your tech-box!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Follow Us on Scoop.it!

Archives

Click on the badge to view the EdTech Magazine article.
Book Creator Ambassador badge

Subscribe By Email

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Skip to toolbar