Have Some Fun with Thanksgiving Magnetic Poetry!

November21

happy turkey dayA few weeks ago I shared images of an a super cool Halloween Magnetic Poetry activity I completed with some fifth grade students using a Google Slides template I downloaded from Kasey Bell’s Shake Up Learning blog. It was such a tech-sation that I decided to give this same concept a try for Thanksgiving. Well, the only problem with that idea was that after contacting Kasey, I discovered that she didn’t have one available for this particular holiday.

Enter Plan B: Just create one of your own—which is exactly what I did! So, here it is: My very own version of Thanksgiving Magnetic Poetry containing about 80 words that can be manipulated into a holiday themed poem, story, etc. Check it out below!

Thanksgiving Magnet Poetry

Click here to make your very own copy of the template and save it to your Google Drive.

FYI: Just like Shake Up Learning’s original creation, the word boxes are actually images and cannot be edited; however, they can be deleted. Plus, additional words can be generated by creating a new text box and filling it with a white background.

Classroom Connection:

The Thanksgiving Magnetic Poetry template can be used in a variety of ways as either an independent or collaborative writing activity. Utilize the “magnets” included and/or add your own text boxes to extend the activity—although I think part of the fun/challenge is to just use the words provided.

A huge shout out to edtech guru Kasey Bell for the inspiration needed to develop this resource!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Be sure to add this awesome tool to your tech-box!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Follow Us on Scoop.it!

Visit the Tech-knowledge-y Rocks Wikispace!

Interactive Learning Journeys live here!

Archives

Click on the badge to view the EdTech Magazine article.
Book Creator Ambassador badge

Subscribe

Follow this blog

Skip to toolbar