TPACK iPad Project

March17

Some of my best finds on the Internet are those that are the least expected!  Case in point:  I randomly clicked on a link that was located on the Clustrmaps page associated with my blog and found this treasure trove of ideas that iPad users will just love: TPACK iPad Project In Schools.

At first the site appeared to be just another blog about the use of iPads in the classroom, but as I clicked around a bit more, I discovered one of the most comprehensive educational iPad sites I have seen to date.  Not only does the author, Dr. Jenny Lane—a researcher and lecturer of Education at Edith Cowan University in Perth, Australia—provide tips, tricks and thoughts on the integration of iPads in the classroom, but she shares a wealth of information in the following categories:

• iPad App Guide – Complete with descriptions, how to videos, tutorials, lesson ideas, recommended readings and additional info related to how the app can be used in education.  It’s like visiting the App Store—only better!
  • App Recommendations
  • Apps by Learning Area
  • Apps for Administrators, Teachers and Students
  • Bloom’s Taxonomy of Apps
  • Find iPad Activities – Links to sites in which educators can find activities for the classroom
  • iPad Educators, Groups, Resources and Schools
  • Special Needs Links
  • Student iPad Blogs

Wherever you are in terms of using iPads in your classroom, you should definitely check out the TPACK iPad Project In Schools site!  Now excuse me while I download a few new apps for my students! 🙂

3 Comments to

“TPACK iPad Project”

1. March 18th, 2012 at 8:54 am       tips2012 Says:

Thanks for the encouraging comments Jamie.
    I am so pleased that the work we are doing in the Tips2012
    Tpack iPad project in schools is helpful to teachers. If you have a favorite app you think I should include on the site please let me know.
    Regards
    Jenny
    Dr Jenny Lane

2. March 3rd, 2013 at 5:01 pm       Daniel@AskMobi Says:

Interesting post I did take time to read through it and learn’t quite abit, thanks for writing it.

3. April 24th, 2013 at 12:36 pm       edutech4teachers Says:

Hi Daniel!

Glad to hear that the post was useful. Thanks for sharing!

Jamie

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Be sure to add this awesome tool to your tech-box!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Follow Us on Scoop.it!

Archives

Click on the badge to view the EdTech Magazine article.
Book Creator Ambassador badge

Subscribe By Email

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Skip to toolbar