Media.io: Easy Audio Conversion

September26

So, what does one do when he/she needs to convert an audio file to another format—like yesterday? Well, you can begin by dialing up Media.io, a free online audio converter and one of my latest “cool tool” discoveries.

Not only does Media.io convert nearly 30 file types (i.e. wma, mp3, mp4, wav, midi, etc.), but it does so quickly and easily—and without registering for an account or even sharing an email address. Major bonus points, if you ask me!

Media.io works something like this: Access the web site and upload the file you wish to convert. Select the format and quality of the output you desire (i.e. extreme, high, normal and lower) and then click the “Convert” button. Within seconds (literally!), your file will be converted, and it can be downloaded to your computer. Just like that—all will be well again in your audio world!

Classroom Connection:

Media.io is a great tool for converting audio files from one format to another so they can be incorporated into multimedia projects.

Case in point: My Tech Club students recently made a recording using the QuickVoice iPad app. The plan was to use the audio file in a video we’re currently creating; however, caf files are not compatible with Movie Maker. This problem was immediately resolved with the Media.io online conversion tool.

BTW: In case you were wondering—Core Audio Format files (caf) are native to Apple’s OS X and iOS platforms.

by posted under Cool Tools | 4 Comments »    
4 Comments to

“Media.io: Easy Audio Conversion”

1. September 27th, 2012 at 4:41 am       Johann Says:

Thanks for the nice review Jamie.

2. September 29th, 2012 at 4:02 pm       edutech4teachers Says:

You are very welcome! Thanks for sharing a “cool tool” for the classroom with educators—like me!

3. October 19th, 2012 at 4:54 am       Becky Says:

Thank you for your review! I was looking for a site just like this, but I always look for someone “real” saying something about it before I start downloading things onto my computer. 🙂 The site worked great!

4. November 3rd, 2012 at 11:17 am       edutech4teachers Says:

You’re very welcome! Glad to hear the site worked for you! 🙂

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Be sure to add this awesome tool to your tech-box!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Follow Us on Scoop.it!

Archives

Click on the badge to view the EdTech Magazine article.
Book Creator Ambassador badge

Subscribe By Email

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Skip to toolbar