It’s No Joke: The History of April Fool’s Day

April1

So, are you wondering what hoaxes you’ll endure today—spiders, someone messing with your computer mouse or the infamous “kick me” sign? Or maybe you’re one of those teachers (like me) who like to have a little bit of fun with your students. Regardless of which prankster group you belong to, check out the video clips below explaining why the tradition of playing tricks on people began on April 1.

Here’s a shout out to Richard Byrne, author of the Free Technology for Teachers blog, for sharing these cool videos/info!

Classroom Connection:

Use these videos to teach students about the history behind April Fool’s Day. And while you’re at it—add some comedy to your day by having some harmless fun with your students and colleagues. As Charles Dickens once said, “There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor.”

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Be sure to add this awesome tool to your tech-box!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Follow Us on Scoop.it!

Archives

Click on the badge to view the EdTech Magazine article.
Book Creator Ambassador badge

Subscribe By Email

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Skip to toolbar