A Few of the #Eddies13 Live Here!

December23

PhotoFunia-6688774Thrilled… Honored… Flattered… Grateful…

Just a few words to describe my reaction to recently earning two 2013 Edublog Awards: Best Teacher Blog and Lifetime Achievement. Yeah, really! I still can’t believe it!

A huge shout out to all of the people who sent some voting love my way—my family, friends, BASD colleagues and especially my Tech Club and Language Arts students who campaigned daily on my behalf. I’d also like to acknowledge the support of my brother, Brian, and his students and co-workers at the Walker School in Marietta, Georgia. Heck, my parents even created a Gmail account so they could participate! ♥

In addition, a special thanks goes to the following individuals: My Tech Club geeky girl Simply Aubree for the nomination as well as the blog post and tweets during the voting process and Mrs. Zong for taking photos and then sharing this accomplishment with the Tyrone Herald. Your gestures were/are very much appreciated!

Lastly, I would be remiss if failed to mention my awesome PLN which includes—but is not limited to—edtech gurus Gwyneth Jones (The Daring Librarian), Susan Oxnevad, Donna Baumbach (Aunty Tech),  Lisa Johnson (TechChef4u) and Michael Karlin (The EdTech Roundup). Thanks for sharing so many fabulous ideas and resources that help to motivate and inspire me!

Be sure to take a look at the Edublog Awards site for links to the winners in the remaining categories. Besides other amazing educational blogs, the page includes links to a variety of useful apps, web tools, wikis, hashtags and more!

I’d be kidding everyone if I said the new digital badges I’ve had the privilege to add to my blog weren’t the coolest, but more important than any award is having the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the students I work with each day! ♥

Again, thank you for visiting my site! Stop back soon to check out new “cool tools” as well as tech integration strategies for the 21st Century classroom!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Be sure to add this awesome tool to your tech-box!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Follow Us on Scoop.it!

Archives

Click on the badge to view the EdTech Magazine article.
Book Creator Ambassador badge

Subscribe By Email

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Skip to toolbar