Guest Post: QR Scavenger Hunts

April17

I love using QR codes in my classroom! There are a lot of reasons:

» Takes students directly to a website you have chosen

» Eliminates frustration of typing in long web addresses (perfect for students in an inclusion class, occupational therapy, etc.)

» Saves time!

I make QR codes using free QR code generators like QRStuff.com and distribute them to my students as a scavenger hunt. I’ll have questions ready for each website so students are focused as they conduct Internet research. You can post these QR codes around the classroom, create QR stations, or simply give them to your students with their scavenger hunt activity sheet.

Whether we’re getting ready to compost, about to start a unit on deforestation, or need a quick overview of topics like Lewis and Clark, the Dust Bowl, the Trail of Tears, the Gold Rush, the Great Plains, the Bill of Rights, Amazon Rainforest, Inuit or the Mayan, Inca and Aztec Civilizations, QR scavenger hunts are a great way to get students excited and engaged.

Click on the links above for QR code scavenger hunts with Common Core aligned lesson plans on each topic!

Here’s a bundle of QR code scavenger hunt lesson plans!

Monica Burns is a NYC educator, EdTech Blogger and Apple Distinguished Educator with a passion for using technology with her students. Check out her website ClassTechTips.com for technology lesson plans aligned to the Common Core Standards and more ways to become a tech-savvy teacher!

by posted under Cool Tools | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

edutech4teachers

Find us on Facebook!

Follow edutech20 on Twitter!

Follow me on Scoop.it!

Check us out on your favorite mobile device!

Find this blog in the education blogs directory

sitting on stool with computerThis blog, created and maintained by Jamie Forshey, geeky girl, instructional technology specialist and teacher at the Bellwood-Antis School District in Central PA, is dedicated to innovative teaching and learning through the use of technology and digital media that engages students in learning while providing them with a 21st Century educational experience.

Visit the Tech-knowledge-y Rocks Wikispace!

Interactive Learning Journeys live here!

The Geeky Girl’s Greatest Hit List Vol. I—February 2013

Check out the full screen version of this interactive image here!

Archives

Follow

Follow this blog