Thinglink 1 & 2 Crash Techapalooza 2013

August5

thinglink-logoIt’s that time of year again—the beginning of August—which can only mean one thing for this Geeky Girl and her like-minded cohorts in crime: Time to love me some Techapalooza!

Well, day one of the fourth annual event is officially in the books and just as anticipated, California University of Pennsylvania was transformed into one edu-happening place! With topics such as Evernote, Weebly, Computer Programming, Webquesting and Infographics, how could an educator go wrong! Of course, a tech extravaganza wouldn’t be complete without a session promoting the use of the ultimate teaching and learning edtech tool… Yep, you guessed it—Thinglink!

So, how does one teach others about the awesomeness of this “cool tool”? Um, with a Thinglink, naturally! Check out it out below. Just hover over the image to reveal a variety of examples, resources and tutorials. Yep, you’ve just hit the Thinglink jackpot!

Check out the full screen version of this image here.

Not only was the hands-on workshop a huge success, but two new Thinglink rock stars crashed onto the edtech scene!

thinglink 1&2

I still have a stitch from laughing! It’s hard to imagine that we got anything productive accomplished looking like this!

Classroom Connection:

Students not only love being engaged, but they also appreciate having the opportunity to discover new content, so why not use Thinglink images as a means to explore info and/or extend learning related to a particular topic or concept. It’s also an excellent way to deliver professional development!

Additional reasons for utilizing this fabulous resource as a teaching and learning tool can be found by exploring the links in the interactive image.

A special shout out to Lori Lochran, my Geeky Girl BFF, for her assistance in facilitating this Thinglink session and especially for cooperating with my crazy ideas!

Another shout out to my colleagues Donna Baumbach (Aunty Tech), Susan Oxnevad and Lisa Johnson (TechChef4u), who was the inspiration behind my Thinglink 1 & 2 gimmick, for sharing a variety of fabulous resources used in this presentation. If you are not following these edtech addicts, you don’t know what you’re missing!

by posted under Cool Tools | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“Thinglink 1 & 2 Crash Techapalooza 2013”

1. August 6th, 2013 at 8:57 am       Donna B Says:

Can’t tell–are you Thinglink 1 or Thinglink 2? Very clever…and it looks like so much fun!!! Love your Thinglinked image, too!

BTW, I never knew there was a California, PA. I knew about Indiana, PA… How many other states are in PA?

😉

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Be sure to add this awesome tool to your tech-box!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Follow Us on Scoop.it!

Archives

Click on the badge to view the EdTech Magazine article.
Book Creator Ambassador badge

Subscribe By Email

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Skip to toolbar