And the Winner is…

May7

A few weeks ago I wrote a post about a recycling video my Tech Club students created and then entered into a contest.

Well, the results are in—and I’m extremely proud to announce that we won First Place, Middle School Division, in the Blair County Department of Solid Waste and Recycling Sixteenth Annual Environmental Awareness Competition! How cool is that?

Besides achieving this honor, the “Tech Kids” have been invited to an Awards Ceremony that will take place at the Blair County Courthouse later this month. In addition to being given a plaque from the Blair County Commissioners, the students will also receive $150—money that will be used to purchase an iPad!

If you haven’t already done so, please take 30 seconds to check out the “Recycling Electronics: What a Thriller” video! I promise you won’t be disappointed!

Our award-winning video can also be viewed on the BAMS Tech Club Wikispace!

True, we had an absolute blast creating this video! But more importantly, the students honed their technology skills by utilizing the following tools and equipment throughout the process:

» Digital Cameras
» Flip Video Cameras
» PowerPoint—used to create the title and concluding slides for the video
» Audacity—used to develop the voiceover and background music
» Movie Maker—used to combine images, photos and video clips to create the final project
» You Tube—used to share the video with a global audience
» Glogster—used to create a digital poster highlighting the project
» Wikispaces—used to display the video and glog
» Publisher—used to create the DVD cover

Classroom Connection:

Share the “Recycling Electronics: What a Thriller” video with your students in an effort to inspire them to create a similar learning opportunity—one that fosters both technology and literacy skills!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Be sure to add this awesome tool to your tech-box!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Follow Us on Scoop.it!

Archives

Click on the badge to view the EdTech Magazine article.
Book Creator Ambassador badge

Subscribe By Email

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Skip to toolbar