Make that Paper Slide!

March18

Looking for a powerful yet simple, low-tech way to integrate digital storytelling into your classroom?  Then I’ve got an answer for you: Paper Slide Videos.  Just like the name implies, this technique actually involves the sliding of papers to create a movie.  Yep, without needing much time, effort and/or tech skills, a fabulous video can be produced.  Here’s how:

Students are placed into a group to illustrate visuals on blank paper, write scripts that explain these “slides”, and then videotape the delivery of the script while moving the slides in time with the narration.  No expensive programs, no special effects, no fancy editing—just some paper, a few markers, a well-rehearsed script, and an easy to use video recorder (Flip Cameras are my personal favorites!), and you’ve got a very cool end product!  Still confused?  Then check out the paper slide video a group of my Language Arts students created to demonstrate their ability to write a short story involving the sequencing of random events.  I’m sure you’ll get the idea once you viewed this masterpiece!

Classroom Connection:

I love Paper Slide Videos—and so do my students!  This fun and easy method to create digital stories can be incorporated into any curricular area at any grade level.  And the best part about integrating this type of project?  All students—regardless of academic ability—can participate.  Paper slide videos can be used as an authentic assessment, enrichment activity, an alternative to a traditional book project, and much more…  Your creativity is the limit!

Here are some additional Paper Slide Videos my students (and colleagues) have created:

Math (Used as a Skills Review prior to a Benchmark Exam):

Social Studies (Used as a Lesson Review prior to a quiz):

Multimedia I (Used as a “How-to” Semester Project):

Math (Used to introduce and review a concept):

As you can see, even though Paper Slide Video projects can be simple to do, they can yield some very some very impressive results!

If you’re still in need of additional information and examples, then just Google “Paper Slide Videos”.  You will be amazed at the number of resources you will find!

by posted under Cool Tools | 3 Comments »    
3 Comments to

“Make that Paper Slide!”

1. April 24th, 2013 at 12:37 pm       edutech4teachers Says:

Thanks for the mention!

Jamie

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Edutech for Teachers » Blog Archive » Make that Paper Slide: Part II
  2. Edutech for Teachers » Blog Archive » And the Winners are…
  3. EdCampMetroDC | Adventures with Technology

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Be sure to add this awesome tool to your tech-box!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Follow Us on Scoop.it!

Archives

Click on the badge to view the EdTech Magazine article.
Book Creator Ambassador badge

Subscribe By Email

This form is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Skip to toolbar